[SEL] OT...Cold Calls....telephone problems

Germoamer at aol.com Germoamer at aol.com
Thu Dec 15 06:09:25 PST 2005

In a message dated 12/13/2005 10:25:51 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jopeter at omninet.net.au writes:

<< my
 solution to the latter is to ask if they can help me with my pet elephant
 Abdullah ,he has gone off his food]. >>

Peter,

Pretend you are hard of hearing and talk loudly asking them where they live,
how the children are, what the weather is like, what hobbies they have, tell
them you are lonesome and glad they called to talk and call back anytime, and
what ever else you dream up.  Keep them on the line about everything except why
they called. They stop after a while. One company persistently called for my
son, but would not talk to me.  One day I told them not to call anymore as he
was in prison for murder, running with the wrong crowd, etc.  Woman was very
sorry to hear of my family problems, and never called again!

Tom Schmutz
Concord, Va. USA
Germoamer at aol.com