[SEL] Fw: re Help

William J Pfeiffer Sr old_iron at msn.com
Tue Dec 13 19:50:52 PST 2005

Since becoming the Customer Service Area Supervisor for Kohl's 2 1/2 years
ago, I have also learned several techniques that seem to work for our
customers.

Tried one this past week end to get Menards to replace a defective keosene
heater Bill bought, it worked like a charm.

The guy told me they were out of them but that I could drive about 25 miles
to get another.  I at first politely asked when they were expecting a new
shippment, he told me some time after Christmas.  I then said that was
unacceptable and why could they not just transfer one to my local store from
Crystal Lake, IL.  Justin told me that he didn't know when that would take
place either, so I started to take the defective heater and my receipt and
just said I guess I would have to complain to corporate about the really
poor customer service I had received from him, this was done on a very busy
Sunday afternoon at the customer service desk which is right by the front
door where ALL the customers enter the store.  Justin proceeded to take his
cell phone to the other end of the counter, he was no longer talking to me.
After his phone conversation he told the person behind the counter to return
the defective heater and then "pre-pay" the one he was going to go get on
Monday from Crystal Lake.  I got a phone call from the Department Manager
Bill at about 6:00 PM on Monday to say the heater was in Palatine and I
could pick it up any time.

So I guess I did learn something from our Kohl's customers.

I didn't used to be this way, but when he copped and attitude, that is when
I played "nasty" customer back.

So it worked for me Tim, maybe I need to give seminars at Portland on how to
get your way with most companies today??

Just joking!!

Happy Holidays!!!

Peg