[SEL] bridge engine update

Bill Boyce bboyce at swat.coop
Mon Dec 12 12:06:22 PST 2005

hello all,, after about a zillion phone calls i was finally able to make an appointment to see the
KCS bridge engine this morning,,,,,,,,,,following a several hundred yard walk down the tracks on the bridge, and a
harrowing climb up a 35 foot ladder overhanging the red river another 50 or 60 feet below the
ladder, we reached the engine platform,,,, the engine is in about the condition one would expect
after decades and decades of open exposure to the elements,,, some parts missing, some broken,,the name tag is long gone,,,,, we think its a fairbanks n, has flywhees about 68 inches
in dia.,,,,,,
does anyone know where i can find pictures or diagrams of the fm n's , to confirm the make and hp size?
i am now, again, at the mercy of the rail road as to when we can retreive the engine, but will post any updates asap,,
many thanks,,
bill boyce
lost prairie, arkansas