[SEL] Fuel pump check balls

Dave Rotigel rotigel at alltel.net
Thu Dec 8 08:51:16 PST 2005

At 10:00 AM 12/8/2005, you wrote:
>What do you think?
>On larger fuel pumps with larger balls for checks, do you think that
>marbles would work as well as steel balls?
>I've prices 1/2" and 9/16" diameter in stainless and with the minimums it
>will be nearly $40!
>Curt Holland

Hi Curt,
         I would be afraid that the (glass?) marbles would break down after
time. Why do you want stainless anyway? Do you plan to use a lot of water
in your fuel? Myself I use old ball bearings. I know a truck mechanic that
saves me old ball bearings that he takes out of various truck applications.
They work just fine and cost me nothing.
         Dave