[SEL] Kwik Poly

avanti_64 at juno.com avanti_64 at juno.com
Mon Dec 5 17:42:44 PST 2005

Yessah, I am a native Maine-ah. I even have the accent to prove it!!! I have only left the state on a few engine trips. Can't believe I am still here with all the money we have to pay in taxes for the privilege to live here and share the road with all the people from Massachusetts who can't stay home on the weekends. At least they could change their driving habits when they come to Maine, but then why would they want to do that and be NICE??? Just don't make eye contact.
You guys better use some acid and etch that new metal before using the Kwik Poly or as it is now known, XP 2000. You need to "rough" up the new metal so it will "stick". No problem with a rusty tank, and no need to pour any of it out, just keep "sloshing". I always try and sit the tank in the area that the residue will run toward a particular bad spot. Just fixed a cracked hopper (frost crack on the seam on the bottom) on a FM engine. I am still working off my kit of KP that I have had, but will need a new batch sometime. See ya, Joe Kelley
PS: Thanks Charlie for spelling Kelley correctly (it just doesn't look right with 5 letters in it!!!!)