[SEL] Question for Rowlands

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Fri Dec 2 08:00:46 PST 2005

> Here is a belt tensioner pattern and follow board for the IHC Famous
> sawrig. Whip up a pattern of your belt tensioner in wood and you'll be
> able to make all the new ones you and your buddies want. It's really not
> bad one you get into it. Use something soft like poplar or mahogany and
> you'll have an easy job.
> http://www.oldengine.org/members/holland/images/Patterns/8Famous/Fork2.htm
>
> Curt Holland
> Gastonia, NC

  You do GOOD work, Curt.  Don't think I have the patience.  Having the
right tools sure helps.

  As far as my belt tensioner goes, that subject is on that other list and
he hasn't replied.

  The New Way is coming also fine, ready for the top coat of paint.  This
engine is sure an education for me.  Closed, wet, crankcase, the cc vent
(for lack of a better word), goes thru a checkvalve and then up to lube the
fan shaft.  Some say to put an oiler up there also, which I'll do if I need
to.

  This engine has 5 rings with one way below the wrist pin.  I wonder if
that ring is to prevent excessive blow by and thus increased cc pressure.

  Ah yes..what fun it is...even at 5 above zero

  Well headed for the shed..thanks much

RickinMt.