[SEL] model, or not to model?

Dave Rotigel rotigel at alltel.net
Thu Dec 1 17:44:39 PST 2005

>   His comment was "its not a model, its a real engine".  My comment then
> to him was, "you can call it an engine, but its not a real one".
>Tommy Turner

Hi Tommy,
         Are you saying that there is a metaphysical difference between the
original and the after market version? Or is it that "real" (read that
"reality") is in the mind of the beholder? If the latter, could it be that
the item the man had was BOTH an engine and NOT an engine--an engine for
him and NOT an engine for you? On the other hand, have you ever considered
that the real/not real engine exists (and has a consciousness) and both you
and the other man are simply figments of it's imagination? If so, it would
be you and the other man who are not "real."
         Dave
PS, I'm sure that I'll think of other possibilities tonight and will try to
straighten it all out tomorrow while on my way to NJ to pick up a Witte
drag saw I recently bought on e-bay.
PPS, I sure hope the drag saw is REAL!
PPPS, If it's not real and I kill the seller (after bringing him to KY)
because it's not real can we straighten all this out in your courtroom?
PPPPS, Since God made man first and then used him as prototype in order to
make woman, does this mean that women are not real?
PPPPPS, So many questions, so few answers!
PPPPPPS, I sure hope that all this can be resolved before next show season.
I'd hate to take an "unreal" item to a show next year!