[SEL] Portland Charity Auction

Steve Royster steve_royster at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 29 18:52:50 PDT 2005

Hi Luke, I'm glad Brooky didn't suffer permanent damage in the auction and
you better believe I'll be looking over my shoulder in the future, but I was
trying to save her dad from spending 150.00 on a 10.00 puzzle. That mean old
Glen Karch was all but inciting a riot the way he was making people spend
their kids inheritance on toys!!!  Poor little Lincoln was trying so hard to
get that little puzzle with his engine on it and Brooky was whuppin his butt
too!   His dad all but gave up his college savings just to win that auction,
and then came the Eclipse!!!!   I think if  Luke really wanted little Brooke
to have that puzzle he would have mortgaged the farm and got it for her.  I
hope some day he doesn't have to look over his shoulder and try and explain
why he didn't step up and outbid that "mean old man".   Being the generous
old man that I am I would gladly share my puzzle with little Brooky any time
and I'm sure Lincoln would also. Just let me know your address and I'll send
it your way.  Mean old Steve