[SEL] Portland 2005

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 16:34:36 PDT 2005

On 8/28/05, Leroy C. <oldengin at udata.com> wrote:
> Gday
>     Well we are now home from the 2005 Portland show and it was grand!
> We sat in the little portland area and still had fun, but after being
> gone for over a week I had just a tad over 300 mails????  We had as much
> fun as ever and had a few different events occur, like on Monday night
> we had a silver night. Man sometimes you get what you pay for. Then
> set-up day on Tues. and the getting of one new trolley along with the
> night belonging to scotch. Wend. was opening and then it was a vo type
> evening. Thur. some of us outlasted the tractor fellows and  it was just
> a usual 12 ounce night. And so went the week! A couple thoughts
>  Thank you to everyone who said they where coming and did so, I hope
> everything was fine.
> I was very happy to see the list area full of some of the shows finer engins
> We have a few lost and found items, like a tire and a new shirt ( not my
> size)  Brice write me........
> over 250 models of engins and some very fine ones
> I have three pages of engin pictures posted but they are hard to view
> and rumors have been floating about no Portland shots?
> some people claim that tractors move! again thank you
>
> --
>                 C-ya
>
>                   Leroy Clark

Just got home at Midnight on Sunday after a very early 4am start to
catch the connecting flight out of Fort Wayne to Chicago. The freeways
are certainly quiet that time of morning!

Very misty as well, just like an autumn morning in the UK, we kept
hitting thick patches at speed which was a bit of a nuisance, but we
got to the airport on good order, and had time for a coffee and cake
at Chicago before boarding the 777 for London.

We have an enormous amount of photographs to edit and post to our
website, but that will have to wait for the latter end of this coming
week as we have a busy end of month and a big job to test and deliver
at the factory.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes