[SEL] 14 HP Kohler - Help

Paul Maples paulmaples at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 18 18:30:07 PDT 2005

Hey gang I have a 14 HP Kohler engine on a Snapper Lawnmower that is about 7 years old. When you go to start it the starter just spins like a high pitch airplane propeller but it will not turn the engine over. I am assuming this is like a car starter and that it has a starter bendix that is bad or is there something else it could be. Appreciate any suggestions. This is my son's lawnmower and he just called me tonight and I guess I will go out tomorrow and see what I can so to get it going.

Paul