[SEL] Soldering galvanized question.

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 12:35:48 PDT 2005

On 8/11/05, Listerdiesel <listerdiesel at gmail.com> wrote:

> Look for 'killed spirits' on Google, we called it Baker's Fluid over
> here, probably quite appropriate for your engine! :-))  But a good
> resin flux would do the job if you can find some of the old stuff. New
> reg's prevent use of a lot of this stuff now, so you cannot always
> find it in the shops.
>
> We have a stock of old resin flux at the factory for soldering big
> cables etc with a blowtorch.
>
> Peter

Put speech marks around "Bakers Fluid" or you'll get a load of other
mush in the search results!  Still available over here, I think you'll
find chemical details if you use Google Groups and look back in the
archives on the model engineering newsgroup -

uk.rec.models.engineering

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes