[SEL] Tilligte 2005

Curt curt at imc-group.com
Wed Aug 10 10:24:02 PDT 2005

John,
The photos of the beautiful Benz are spectacular. If I am remembering
Greyson's engine book correctly Otto had been in the employment of Benz
several times by this point.  The slide valve on the engine sure makes
one think of Otto....
A couple of questions for you about the engine:
-Is that high tension ignition (sparkplug) on the top of the cylinder?
-Is the camshaft speed 1/4 that of the crankshaft speed?
-Are there two lobes on the camshaft to make the engine run as a 4 cycle
instead of an 8 cycle?
-Is anyone making a model casting kit of this engine? This would be a
fun one to build.
Thanks for sharing.
Curt Holland
Gastonia, NC