[SEL] Re: SEL Digest, Vol 17, Issue 8

Jeff Allen transteck at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 8 20:23:15 PDT 2005

Hi Adam,

snip>

>Simply put the Policy is a Risk Managment policy yes you can run with out fences and drive trators all over the place... but if something did happen the following would occur.
>
>1. The policy would be totally with drawn
>2. The policy as you mentioned would increase in cost
>3. The terns of the policy would change
>
>It is possible that the same would happen if an accident occured following the guidelines to the letter, no one is denying that.

The show was the 52nd annual show and they have a good safety record.
Young teens drive in the tractor pull and the tractor parade. Always
with supervision and training. Hell, some of them probably run the damn
tractor for real on the farm. They respect the equipment and have been
trained to be safe around it. More often than not the adults get stupid
on a farm and get hurt.

I have kept cattle in lesser fencing than you have for an engine show.
It's insane. I watched the tug of war with the steam tractor and the
children. They lost three times and all fell down. No harm except for a
skinned knee or two. Right back up to give it another go. "Papa, we
finally won" and that's what it's all about. Family friendly, kid
friendly, and people friendly should be the goal.

Don't fence me in!!

Kind Regards,
Jeff Allen

P.S. Think more like Reg.