[SEL] Flat Belt Lacing Tools

Alan Bowen rustaholic777 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 6 16:08:15 PDT 2005

Howdy Folks,
If I remember correctly (IIRC) a while back someone showed a link to a vise type lacing toll and
it was mentioned that there were two other types with handles also.  This could have been over on
Jim's list.

I have one of the vise ones, One with two handles that you move side-to-side and one with two
handles that you pull forward.  Neither of these ones with handles have a makers name on it.

How many different types of hand operated lacing machines do y'all have or know about?
Of the three,, I like most the one with two handles that are pulled forward.

I have seen more of the type with two handles that move side-to-side. Mine like that have a nice
tag on it, but it just says to keep it oiled,,,,, Go figure,, Why didn't they put their name on
the tag??

Maybe one company made them and lots of different companies put their sticker on them and sold
them????

I am getting ready to take at least one to the Buckley show and offer to lace belts for folks.  I
plan on doing this every year from now on and folks will learn in time that I am there.

Does anyone know who made these machines?

TIA,
Alan Bowen
Williamsburg, Michigan