[SEL] Lineshaft equipment

Blacksmith BLCKSMTH at wcnet.org
Mon Aug 1 17:54:31 PDT 2005

    I am in the process of putting together a line shaft driven smithy. I
have
read somewhere that shaft speed depends on several things. A wood shop
shaft would run faster than one in a metal shop because most wood equipment
runs faster than most metal equipment. I don't have the numbers handy but I
think I am shooting for about 250 main shaft speed. You can get any
reasonable speed with different pulleys from there.

Bob Willman
The Eagle's Anvil
Bowling Green, Ohio
WB8NQW