[SEL] 5HP Economy F

Germoamer at aol.com Germoamer at aol.com
Mon Aug 1 14:03:46 PDT 2005

In a message dated 8/1/2005 2:59:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ihcboggs at jayco.net writes:

<<  We just came across a Economy 5hp F engine.  The serial number is 186469.

According to "History of Hercules Engines" your engine was made between 1921
and 1923 for the F models, but by the serial number it is 1919.  Perhaps Glenn
can shed some light on this difference, It is estimated that only 20,000 were
made for the F model.  Used a Webster mag and I think are nice running
engines. I have a 7E that I tow to the shows right now.

Tom Schmutz
Concord, Va. USA
Germoamer at aol.com