[SEL] Sandwich trucks question - ON topic

Steve Barr stevebarr at ameritech.net
Thu Apr 28 17:37:33 PDT 2005

Bill

Sandwich Cart for a 1 1/2 has either a solid board 2" thick, 9 3/4" wide
and 42" long (48" with battery box).  Some used 2 boards with a 1/2" gap.
I don't have an exact size on the handle as so manhy are missing, but they
were 26" long and 1 1/2" square and had a hole drilled with a 8" - 1/2"
shaft pushed thru.  Originally, the handles were oak and the board was
douglus fur.

I should put this up on the Sandwich Engine Club Site...
http://www.oldengine.org/members/sandwich/

Steve
--- bill at antique-engines.com wrote:
Picked up what is supposed to be a set of sandwich trucks to put under
my 1.5 hp engine.
However, the end of the wood handle is rotted away, so I can't determine
the length of the handle, or the type of end it had - such as a D type
handle, a simple T or rod at the end, etc.
Anyone have any measurements or pics, etc. for the handle - even the
"skids" under the engine when it was on trucks?

Bill
bill at antique-engines.com