[SEL] Caution Using Ether

John Culp johnculp at chartertn.net
Sat Apr 23 15:43:14 PDT 2005

"Start or die!" :-)

Yeah, I know the feeling. Been there with my Harley.

A bigger problem with the 'Vette that stranded my Dad on cold days is
that is would start (this one has an optional engine block preheater
that he'd plug in), but the pickup screen in the fuel tank is not
heated and clogs up with wax if the temperature's below the cloud point
of the fuel. Chevrolet recommended running it on kerosene or 10%
gasoline in temps below 20F.

BTW, if you've got AC power available, a big hair dryer pointed into
the intake is a big help with starting a cold Diesel.

John