[SEL] Re: Westinghouse DC generator

Best, George George_Best at adp.com
Fri Apr 22 09:57:45 PDT 2005

Thanks Peter.

This one has carbon brushes and one brush was broken but the others
looked good.  The brass tag on the generator says 1700 rpm, which I
assume is the speed needed to produce the rated voltage.  I'm guessing
that running it at a lower speed would simply produce less voltage.

Haven't decided yet what I'll power it with.  I would assume that I
should belt it to a throttle governed engine to maintain a constant
speed.  Hit&Miss might be tough on a generator and cause variations in
voltage.