[SEL] Website

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 22:40:07 PDT 2005

On 4/21/05, Joseph L Betz <jlb94 at juno.com> wrote:

> This all started because someone said "You need a website".
> No - I said - I have Webshots - And I started thinking - and looking at
> the OTHER websites on
> Oldengine.
>
> A friend gave me his Microsoft "Front Page" and said "give it a try" (but
> he has his reasons for this).
>
> After several frustrating days & nights that turned into weeks & months -
> I finally had something.
>
> Then I tried to link it all together - - - GOOD LUCK !!! - - - Like
> putting a puzzle together
> BACK SIDE UP !!!
>
> I'm sure I'll improve it - but for now - I need a rest.
>
> Joe "Pip" Betz

 Joe:
 Writing your own site is great fun and the HTML code is really easy to work
out. O'Reilly do a very good HTML book, it's worth getting so you can 'roll
your own'. The code produced by Microsoft Word and other programmes is too
complex for basic stuff, and the file sizes are inflated compared with doing
your own.
 Most of our site uses the same basic 6 pages of code which we saved as
templates, all we do then is fill in the photo file names and adjust the
sizes.
 Peter
--
Peter A Forbes