[SEL] Re: Pinned Rings - Problems or Not?

Dave Rotigel rotigel at alltel.net
Wed Apr 20 20:56:05 PDT 2005

Hi Steve,
         Many workers in the Hercules plant had a drinking problem. (Karch
did not report this in his book out of respect for the many widows that
they left behind.) In any event, this problem led to many carts being put
together improperly on Mondays and Fridays. Not only were there instances
of nuts being put on upside down, but there were also instances of left
side wheels being put on the right side of the carts and visa-versa.
         I suggest that the cart that you took apart was likely built on
either a Monday or a Friday. Did you notice which side the wheels were on?
         Dave
PS, Glenn and I discussed this problem at several shows last year and we
both agree that it's a terrible thing to have your nuts on upside down!