[SEL] Another Famous/Osborn question

John Hammink jg.hammink at quicknet.nl
Mon Apr 18 05:34:08 PDT 2005

The engines with the big water tanks had thermal siphon cooling.
The early 4 hp which came first in 1906 had it maybe to, but then
in the following months they were fitted with that early G5041
centrifugal water pump you have at that picture, and by 1908 it
was normal to have a screen cooled 13 gallon tank with a plunger
pump to 1911 and till 1917 with the geared water pump of course
everytime starting with a new engine of that year.

John H.