[SEL] Parmaco engine

Judge Tommy Turner lcjudge at scrtc.com
Sun Apr 17 19:54:29 PDT 2005

Tom,

    I've seen 4 of the engines like you mention.  One was at Portland
several years ago, another was at Kurt Baxters.  The last complete one
was at an auction (possibly the Archer auction in Des Moines, IA about 4
years ago).  Your're right, from a distance they have the Herc look.
Squared hopper, etc.  The sideshaft ones that I have seen have had what
looks like a steam engine governor on the front of the sideshaft.  There
was also an incomplete Parmaco at the Red Buchanon auction in IA about 2
1/2 years ago.  It was missing several parts and the flywheels were
cracked.  I have seen a book on them but don't remember who had it,
maybe Chester Bills.  If I remember I'll send you the info.

Tommy Turner
Magnolia, KY