[SEL] Portland - Gas Prices

Glenn A Karch glenn.karch at gte.net
Sun Apr 17 19:11:53 PDT 2005

Here is another interesting gasoline observation.  About 2 months ago I
drove 400 miles to a gas engine auction.  I left early the day before and
took a leisurely trip with the cruise control on my Chevy 2500HD gasoline
powered pick up set on 62 MPH.  I was on interstates almost the whole way.
I averaged 18.6 MPG.  On the return trip(still with no load) I set the
cruise on 70 and averaged 15 MPG.  Using gas prices of the time, it cost me
$42 for gas going and $52 for gas coming home.  That's a 20 percent
difference in fuel costs.  20 percent off of $2.10 gas equates to $1.60.

Glenn

Glenn Karch
Haubstadt, IN, USA
Hercules Historian