[SEL] Another Famous/Osborn question

Michael Tucker mtucker at uky.edu
Sat Apr 16 16:42:14 PDT 2005

>    I already told him that, I did some searching in the parts book
>and this type of pumps were only used in 1906-07 on the Port.
>and Fam. outfits. Looking at the engine tag it has to be a R1xxx
>serial # what means a 1906-07 Tank cooled engine not a Screen
>cooled because these came first in 1907.
>They had ( the 4 hp) a 8"x 1 5/16" drive pulley on the engine and
>the same year the factory changed it in a 3"x 1 5/16" pulley.
>The only water tank I could find for these early engine was a 30"x48"
>tank of 114 gallons capt.
>IMHO it's worth to buy it and own an early one Mike.

John and Tommy,

Thanks for all of the info!  I apologize for a repeat question but I
did not get any emails from you regarding the pump (that's why I
emailed you a second time).  Maybe they are lost in cyberspace
somewhere :-)!    So by your research, you think that this engine
should be tank cooled and not screen cooled?  Would it have had a
pump at all if it was screen cooled?  Again, thanks for the info.

Mike
--
Michael Tucker
mtucker at uky.edu