[SEL] Portland - Gas Prices

Charles R Bryant mogul460 at localnet.com
Fri Apr 15 11:05:05 PDT 2005

Paul,

I don't think its going to hurt the attendance at Portland so much as it
will some of
the other lesser shows. People will be more selective in the shows they
are going to attend.. For example the cost of gas from Maine to Portland
figuring $2.50
per gallon and pulling a trailer at 10 mpg  for 1100 miles will be approx.
$300.
Then one nights motel stay en route another $50.. Turnpike tolls at least
$30.
The motel stay during show days plus gas back and forth from show ground to
motel
at least another $250 for 4 nights.Vendor lot $60. Total round trip cost
approximately $690
Price ea. $345. Thats the cost of doing business . Of course the show is not
all doing
business and there are many other beneficial factors. For smaller shows I
think
the cost of gas will be a factor.I just received  the notice this will be
the last year for the
S.E. Iowa Engine & Hobby Show at Des Moines Co. Fairgrounds, West Burlington
,IA

Charlie Bryant

Now from Central Maine where we have 2 seasons, winter and one month of hard
sledding