[SEL] Portland - Gas Prices

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 07:01:39 PDT 2005

On 4/15/05, Paul Maples <paulmaples at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> My wife just ask me "I wonder how many people will not be going to Portland this year because of the high gas prices?" so I thought I would just ask the group for some feedback. I know a lot of us older folks are on limited and fixed incomes and I am sure this will be a factor to consider in making a decision to go or not to go. According to the news it is going to be even higher by then.
>
> Paul

FYI, it was up to 96p per litre in the UK when we left to come over,
that's approximately $US7.00 per gallon. That was for freeway service
stations, and a little lower round the towns.

I know that $2.80 a gallon sounds a lot for you guys, but it is really
cheap still compared with Europe. Tim & I were discussing this
yesterday, it is about $2.78 to $2.85 round San Jose, depending on the
outlet.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes