[SEL] Biggest part you've lost?

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Tue Apr 12 11:29:56 PDT 2005

I was rotating the tires on the wifes car one day. I rolled the front tire
to the back and the rear tire to the front where I proceced to mount it on
the car. While tightening it down I heard a strange noise outside that I
pretty much ignored. When I went to put the tire on the back, it wasn't in
the shop. I looked for 2-3 minutes before I remembereed the noise. It was a
splashing sound just like a tire makes when it rolls out of the shop, across
the road, into the pasture and landing in the creek!!!!

Another recent lost part experience came while having my 3 year old help
while working on an old engine. Letting them help is fine provided you don't
step away to another part of the shop. I finally got down to his eye level
and found my part.

John