[SEL] Famous/Osborn questions

Curt curt at imc-group.com
Mon Apr 11 12:20:16 PDT 2005

Michael Tucker wrote:

> We'll know more tomorrow about the tag because Curt is going to be at
> the gents place that has this engine and he is going to look it over
> and take some pictures.  Stay tuned for more details.........
>
> Mike

Mike,
The only Osborne I believe I have seen was a vertical engine. You can
imagine my surprise when I saw the 4HP Horizontal "Famous/Titan" looking
blue engine. The tag makes no reference to the Titan or Famous lines.
Here is the tag picture:
http://www.oldengine.org/members/holland/images/Osborne/Tag.jpg

Here is a shot of the front of the engine. No doubt this is original paint!
http://www.oldengine.org/members/holland/images/Osborne/Front.jpg

And finally a look at the flywheel showing the 2 bolt flywheels. Earlier???
http://www.oldengine.org/members/holland/images/Osborne/Flywheels.jpg

With that said, it is interesting that there is no hot tube boss on the
top of the cylinder.

Curt Holland
Gastonia, NC