[SEL] Line shaft machine shop pictures

FRM8198 at aol.com FRM8198 at aol.com
Mon Apr 11 07:55:47 PDT 2005

In a message dated 04/11/2005 6:44:08 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
rotigel at alltel.net writes:

Great  pictures Larry!

I agree!  These pictures brought back memories of my old high  school machine
shop.  We had two lathes, a horizontal shaper, and a drill  press being
driven by an over head line shaft.  This line shaft system was  driven by an
electrical motor.  Over each lathe, there was a horizontal  wooden bar which engaged
the drive pulley.  This bar had three  positions: left -- reverse, right --
forward, and the center --  neutral.
Again thanks for the pictures.  They were good memory joggers.

Francis Maciel
Santa Maria, CA