[SEL] For George

Best, George George_Best at adp.com
Mon Apr 11 07:50:14 PDT 2005

Rick,

Don't know why you wouldn't have my email address.  This email address
"george_best at adp.com" should be in the message header.  My home email is
"irontrader at ispwest.com" if you need to reach me during hours I'm not at
work.

I've never had the caps off my Galloway since it was a good runner when
I bought it.  Has the best compression of any engine I have with zero
leakage past the rings.

I may have assummed incorrectly that Galloway used inserts for the main
bearings.  You're right that I wouldn't want to mangle the babbit and
have to repour bearings on a perfectly good engine.  I suppose a person
could leave the babbit in when using them as a pattern, but that would
mean extra machining to remove the extra castiron before pouring your
new bearings.  Off course then you'd have heavy duty main caps and need
less babbit for the top bearings ;-)

George