[SEL] Famous/Osborn questions

Harry Terpstra h.terpstra at wxs.nl
Sun Apr 10 14:08:03 PDT 2005

John,
I think that if IHC say that it's an engine to compete with ceaper engines,
I think it means that it's built cheaper.
I don't find any features that seems cheap made. It's the same (high)
quallity than the Famous.

> I have no info about the bore and strokes, but the 4 hp NP had a 30"

ooops i don't even know the dia of my own engine's flywheel;-)
Yes you're right. It's 30"
It seems International never mentioned the bore and stroke in their sale
I only know because I had both engines at the same time, so I could compare
every part.
Actually I think only the fuel & waterpump are the same, and the cylinder
head, and the rocker arm(s).
also the piston and cranshaft are the same.
The rest (all the main castings) are different.

Harry Terpstra
Sint Annaparochie
Netherlands
h.terpstra at wxs.nl