[SEL] Making valves

rdhaskell at juno.com rdhaskell at juno.com
Sat Apr 9 09:21:29 PDT 2005

Hi Ray.
Go looking for a used automotive valve at your local rebuilding shop.  I
have cut down lots of them for use in my engines.  Just off the top of my
head I think you will find a metric valve that is just a few thousandths
of an inch bigger than 5/16ths.  That way you can ream your guide to fit
the new valve for a close fit.

Ron Haskell
rdhaskell at juno.com
Riverside, California