[SEL] Private shows, and Not Club Shows

Dave Rotigel rotigel at alltel.net
Fri Apr 8 19:32:47 PDT 2005

>  My biggest concern again is once again insurance, and like it or not we
> DO have to deal with liability. I just addressed the issue with my clubs
> VP, and I got a positive response. Looks like four or more members attend
> and it will be a club sanctioned event and full liability insurance. Life
> is good.
>Jeff Allen

Hi Jeff,
         Life MAY not be all that good of someone is hurt. Unless your club
is paying BIG BUCKS for insurance I would think that while the club
(officers etc.) may be covered for liability the members ARE NOT! While
your VP may believe what he has told you is true I would question it. Ask
for the insurance agents name and phone number. Call him and ask if YOU
will be covered if some idiot sticks his/her/it's hand in your flywheel and
looses it. I'll bet you a nickle that he says "no." If he says "Yes" ask
him to put that in writing. If he does I owe you a nickle.
         The only way I know of to really be safe is to join EDGE&TA and
buy insurance through them. It's a GOOD deal for the price and then you can
be sure that you have coverage!
         Dave
PS, You can read about EDGE&TA and the insurance that they offer at:
http://www.edgeta.org/