[SEL] Private shows, and Not Club Shows

Jeff Allen transteck at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 8 19:00:02 PDT 2005

Hi all,

I run the web site for my club, and over the last several months have
had a few invites to show engines. These are not the annual show(s) done
by clubs, and they are not shows only for engine folks. I guess they
fall somewhere in the middle. County fairs, fall festivals, and such
that invite you to have members show engines, and sometimes even invite
the FATG folks. Who am I to talk there? I own Maytags. ;-)

I think this a great opportunity for all clubs to attract folks that
might not attend "engine shows" such as Portland, and wouldn't be
invited to private shows for engine only folks. My biggest concern again
is once again insurance, and like it or not we DO have to deal with
liability. I just addressed the issue with my clubs VP, and I got a
positive response. Looks like four or more members attend and it will be
a club sanctioned event and full liability insurance. Life is good.

For the record to all that remember, the show I hoped to plan went to
hell. Check out the details before you offer to help. Lesson learned and
I'm back at it trying to put another one together with a little more
knowledge under my belt. My 2 cents and get involved and be active. I
don't lurk on lists and I try to be as active as time allows in my club.

Jeff Allen