[SEL] SEL ethics

Curt curt at imc-group.com
Fri Apr 8 09:14:57 PDT 2005

OK Peter I'll type a few thoughts. Just remember you did solicit them!

1) The internet is a PUBLIC forum not a private forum! What you say here
is a good as printed in the newpaper for all to see. Had you really
intended to solicit private input you should have contacted a bunch of
folk off list and asked the conversation remain confidential.

2) Leave the politics at work! Life is too short to carry petty politics
into your beloved hobby. This is supposed to be fun dude....

3) Why on earth are you making such a big deal over something as petty
as a club badge? Be glad your club has any kind of badge at all. Most
here don't. I'm just thankful Peg Pfeiffer made our badges a few years
ago. I wear that to each and every show we attend. Thank you Peg.

4) You and a few buddies don't like the club badge selection? Wot is
stopping you from simply making what you want? Just do it and get on
with the fun of engines and tractors. Read #2 again.

Club divide is awful. Ask Glenn Karch about the SIAM building sometime.
I'm thankful our Cotton Ginning Club seems to be able to get along.
Maybe we are all just too old and it is too much effort to create a
ruckus about anything :-) . But I think we all recognize that it is a
special situation that we all get along so well and that all of our
energies are spent building the show rather than spinning our wheels on
silly political battles.

Mend those fences and get back to why you are in the hobby.... To play
with kewl machinery and socialize with great people.
Curt Holland
Gastonia, NC