[SEL] Semi OT - Trailer question

Andy rustyiron at bigpond.com
Wed Apr 6 14:31:55 PDT 2005

Hi John, With all the trailers I've wired up, I always solder each joint and
use an earth wire. Don't use the trailer as a commond earth, I think this is
called a "Double Poled" system, an old Pommie system. I'm not to sure on
electric brakes, I know there is the wire from the control box, where you
control how much pressure is applied to the trailer brakes, but how is this
system earthed at the brake drum?
As you are a Shooter I have to tell you, last night I had my first shot with
a 50cal, what a blast. We have a few of the boys over before they go to play
in the sand, and asked if I'd like to have a go, like a rat up a drain pipe,
I was in that turret shooting the guts out of an old Holden at 700 yards.
I've still got a grin from ear to ear 24hrs after the fact.
Andy....

Andy Nicholson
Exmouth W.A.
Oz.