[SEL] Portland, IN

steve sewell sewell at oak.cats.ohiou.edu
Tue Apr 5 20:08:55 PDT 2005

At 08:20 AM 4/5/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi list,
>
>I see from the Tri-State news letter that the exhibit arrangements for the
>August show have changed.  It looks like the area we've had is still there
>for engines, but we will have FATGs and their feature tractors as neighbors
>to the east now.  The threshing area is moved and that old area is now open
>to engine exhibitors.  Will we want to keep the same spot?
>
>Glenn

You might think about moving out to the higher ground that the tractor guys
had out by the riding ring near the saw mill sight. Lot of nice big shade
trees there.
As for tractors ( I usually take one ). I am sure the directors will get an
ear full about the move but I think it is a good one for the long term.
With the new ground they will let us play. I for one drove my tractor and
plow back there last year and made a few rounds turning dirt. Of course
even before that I start my tractor every day of the show. Some times even
before Leroy gets an engine running in the AM  - good thing I have a
flashlight. (-; However I see the directors point of not wanting tractors
driving through the crowds to get there. The directors also talked of a
tractor parade in front of the grandstand last year and the new area will
be a direct shot to the racetrack/grandstand. The only downside I see to
the plan is how far away from the camper area it will be. I hope they make
a cart road around the grounds from the camping area to the tractor side
and then a cart parking area on that side of the grounds for us
non-handicap folks. If not we may be handicap by the end of the show. )-:

- Steve

Steve Sewell
Albany, Ohio USA
sewell at atis.net