[SEL] Show Awnings

Alan Bowen rustaholic777 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 5 18:47:26 PDT 2005

Ya Rick,

I really like my canopy.
It is a 10X20 and takes a 12X20 tarp to cover it.
Well that's what it started as,,,,

The pipes are have the same outer size as chain link fence top rail so I bought a few pieces,
three more center connectors and a 20X30 tarp.  Now it is an 18X30 canopy.

Of course another set of connectors soon came my way along with a 20X40 silver tarp and now I will
soon grab three more pieces of top rail to make it an 18X40 canopy.

The bigger size is great for picnics and a smaller size family reunion we have here.  I will have
the big one at Portland this year if all goes as planned.

I guess what I am trying to say is my canopy seemed to come with options.  Yes,,, I could even use
a 10X12 tarp to set it up as a 10X10 canopy for one little show I go to. I have several 10X12
tarps so I guess I have about four different sizes I can make this canopy.  I guess it IS big or
small enough.

The top rail pieces have a thicker wall and are well suited to the longer "rafters."
They also come with one end sized down to slip inside the next top rail.
That lets me cut them in half so they transport easier. Just change ends and slide them together.

I think I originally bought mine from Northern Tool & Hydraulics or something like that. I see
them for sale all over the place now.  All my extra connectors and ball bungies were just picked
up at shows.

Alan Bowen
Williamsburg, Michigan