[SEL] Re: Google Gmail - Free, But at a price...

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 14:03:57 PDT 2005

On Apr 3, 2005 9:22 PM, Arnie Fero <fero_ah at city-net.com> wrote:
> "The gentleman doth protest too much, methinks."  8-))
>
> As to "deleting" your email...  You must have missed this little bit from
> Big Brother Google... "... email may remain on our systems for some
> time, even after you have deleted messages from your mailbox or after the
> termination of your account."

At least they declare it, which is a lot more than other email
handlers like Microsoft and a couple of the big US ISP's.  I'm not
flying the flag for Gmail, but it works for me and I have no problems
with it, yet...

> The info is just TOO useful to them to simply let it go off into the
> electronic bit bucket."  Even if YOU no longer have a use for it.
>
> But I'm sure they'll treat you and your "deleted" info with all the
> sensitivity that you hope they will.  8-)))))

I'm sure too! :-))

> See ya,  Arnie
>
> PS - Dave's a liberal democrat huh?  8-))

You heard it here first....

> PPS - Tulare ain't gonna be in the cards this year.  8-(((

That's a shame, it's a nice show and well worth the travel to see it.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes
Email: listerdiesel at gmail.com