[SEL] Fairbanks Morse, Barn Fresh.....a question

Arnie Fero fero_ah at city-net.com
Sun Apr 3 10:51:18 PDT 2005

Hi Ron,

On Sat, 2 Apr 2005 MaytagTwin at aol.com wrote:

> Today I got my first call to go look at a barn fresh gas engine.  The
> son-in-law is planning to sell it to help with father-in-law's funeral costs and  he
> called me to help him identify the engine.  I was careful to free the  valves
> before making any effort to turn the crankshaft.  Good thing,  too.  The
> exhaust was stuck but soon loosened and the engine is free.   I did not turn far
> enough to see if there is compression.
<snip>
> Now for my question, just how many Maytag engine should I offer in  trade?

This is a trick question, right?  ALL OF 'EM!!  Actually, it does depend
on how much they weigh and the current price for aluminum.  8-))

Seriously, I hope that you're going to make a "friend of the family" offer
rather than let the engine be thrown to the dogs of eBay!

See ya,  Arnie

Arnie Fero
Pittsburgh, PA
fero_ah at city-net.com

PS - NICE engine!!  8-))

PPS - You do realize that AOL is the "Maytag" of ISPs doncha?