[SEL] Southern Cross

Jack Watson nadejack at optusnet.com.au
Sat Apr 2 21:41:54 PST 2005

Ron Page wrote:

>To OZ members
>
>I have just been given a Southern Cross ET-B 2.5 HP Air Cooled (for overseas members) motor.  Serial number is 43868.  Any clues as to its age.  I would have thought sometime from the 50's.  Looks like I will need a few parts - know anybody who can help.  Will try to have photo shortly.
>
>Ron

G'day Ron

I have restored an ET-B (with help from Ray Freeman) so if I can be of
any help give me a call.
I am in Perth - where are you?

I have a copy of the Instruction Manual which I purchased from Jeff
Holley. It is Book 1083, and I think $10 covered cost and postage.
This book has a list of part numbers and illustrations.

The original colour is Indian red.

Jeff's address is: 54 Adamson Tce, Bordertown SA 5268 and he is very
helpful (and quick) to deal with.
He had an article in TOMM on the larger 4 HP model ET-C in  Feb-March
1999 which may be useful, as there was not much difference,
just a bit smaller all over - same stroke (3.5") but bigger bore (
3.375" against 2.75")

Our engine has the piston with the protrusion which pokes up into the
pre-combustion chamber and cut-away relief for the valves, so is an
early model, but I do not have the engine number to hand.

JW²