[SEL] Parking lot shows

Dave Croft dave.croft at ntlworld.com
Sat Apr 2 15:16:27 PST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Best, George" <George_Best at adp.com>
To: "The SEL email discussion list" <sel at lists.stationary-engine.com>
Sent: Saturday, April 02, 2005 10:32 PM
Subject: [SEL] Parking lot shows

> Next month I'll be participating in my first parking lot show.  This is
> something new for me, but maybe some of you have already been doing this
> in your area.
>
> To me a "Parking lot show" is probably somewhat like a "shopping mall
> show", except being in the parking lot you get to run your
> engines/tractors.
>
> I can see where a parking lot show might be fun since you'll be getting
> spectators that have no idea what our hobby is about and most likely
> don't even know about the regular shows.
>
> Any comments on parking lot shows?

Hi George, this reminds me of the hobby in England 20 years ago when
we had quite a few Pub car park shows.
I still remember running a Danish BLA 5HP engine all day.
When I came to move it I found the Exhaust which was pointing downward
had blown a large hole in the Tarmac. (Road surface)
We packed up & left pretty sharp!
Dave Croft
Warrington
England