[SEL] Fooled again

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 20:48:33 PST 2005

On Apr 2, 2005 3:41 AM, Jeff Allen <transteck at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Hi Rick,
>
> I will have to disagree with you on this. This is supposed to be a
> stationary engine list. I consider many on the list friends even though
> I have never met them in person, but there are limits. I counted 41
> replied to the oil pan issue in two days. Even worse is that the
> original question moved on to oil change intervals, and then to bashing
> mechanics. The OT computer question turned into a pissing match over
> operating systems. George said it well. There are forums dedicated to
> all of this OT stuff. I don't mind the occasional OT question, and will
> answer off list if I can help. If it is not in the general interest of
> stationary engines, it should not be replied to on the list. That's my
> last comment on this. I'll see how the next few days play out. For all
> the list I have found some great sites for your interests.
>
> http://www.hammond-organ.com/
>
> http://www.ringsurf.com/netring?ring=americanmotors;action=list
>
> http://www.dslreports.com/
>
> Jeff Allen
> PS. Sigh, looks like goodbye. Two more off topic bullshit messages as I
> wrote this.

Hopefully ALL those guys who complained about the LACK of posts so
many times when things did get quiet will now come forward and fill
the list with on-tpoic stuff ???  Similarly those now complaining that
there are too many OT posts will do the same ???

I think not, history will repeat itself. There are lurkers and there
are posters. It's no good sitting back and expecting everyone else to
do the work, if there are no posts there is no List.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes
Email: listerdiesel at gmail.com