[SEL] Fooled again / 2nd Baker Monitor request.

Best, George George_Best at adp.com
Fri Apr 1 13:00:12 PST 2005

Curt,

You're the engineer on this list!  Maybe people didn't answer because
they didn't know how many thousandths of an inch the offset should be.

Harry Terpstra restored a Baker Monitor that I shipped over to him.  He
might measure it for you.

However, I wouldn't worry about it.  If you're pouring main bearing for
the engine, just get the crankshaft centered so the bearing thickness is
about the same all around.  This isn't rocket science...

I'm sure your engine will run fine even if you're off a few thousandths.

Grumpy George (actually I'm not so grumpy, just wanted to prod people a
bit into getting back to engines instead of being just a social group)