[SEL] Honda oil plug OT

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 06:38:40 PST 2005

On Apr 1, 2005 2:05 PM, bill at antique-engines.com
<bill at antique-engines.com> wrote:
> What do you think the major reason I got out of the business was?
> I couldn't stand to work with people doing sub-standard work,

<snipped>

I was in trucks mostly, where the standard was better generally than
on cars and light vans, but I know what you mean.

The standards of training were very poor, and although I had 2 weeks
in Sweden for the Scania dealership, that was the only time I had any
formal training on their trucks, despite the setting up of a training
school in the UK after that.

I don't blame Scania, just the people that employed me who saw it as
another cost to be avoided.

How folks get on now with all the electronics does worry me, as the
average mechanic just doesn't get into that stuff at all.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes
Email: listerdiesel at gmail.com