[SEL] Tandem Trailer

Peter A Forbes diesel at easynet.co.uk
Thu Sep 30 10:43:14 PDT 2004

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 08:08:29 EDT, you wrote:

>In a message dated 9/30/2004 3:56:23 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>diesel at easynet.co.uk writes:
>
><< Have a look at the way we put our trailer together, >>
>
>Peter.
>
>Beautiful job on the trailer!  Could you tell me more about the stabilizer
>jacks on the back of the trailer?  Do these jack like the old VW car post jacks,
>or do they just let down and clamp in position?  I need something like those
>for my trailer.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Tom Schmutz

You can get both, Tom, we have the clamp type which just drop down when you undo
the bolt, but they do windup ones as well, either geared head or big acme screw
types. Normally if the trailer is hooked up to the van then we don't need them
at all.

Trailer has done a few miles now, probably 20,000 or so, been to Spain and
Portugal three times  :-))

I'll have to get those pictures sorted out, they were a very early scan attempt
before we got the Epson scanners we have now, and it shows!

Peter

--
Peter & Rita Forbes
Email Address: