[SEL] Silage Chopper - Need I.D.

Steve Barr stevebarr at ameritech.net
Tue Sep 28 17:20:15 PDT 2004

Paul

No idea on he maker yet.  I will have to check several books to see If I
can match any casting #'s.

I hae an Appleton #9 awaiting some minor wood work.
http://www.oldengine.org/members/sbarr/EngineEquip/CornChopper.htm

I also picked up the monster...A small 4 roll Appleton Husker Shredder
which takes the entire stalk, pops the ear of corn off, drops the ear onto
the rollers which removes the husks, sending the ear up the track intoa
wagon...The stalk meanwhile, goes thru the same setup as the chopper and
sends it thru a blower into a silo or pile.   I finally had it out to a
show to test run it and it needs a little work but is working. Pics:
http://www.oldengine.org/members/sbarr/images/Shows/2004SandwichFair/3/26.JPG
http://www.oldengine.org/members/sbarr/images/Shows/2004SandwichFair/3/27.JPG
http://www.oldengine.org/members/sbarr/images/Shows/2004SandwichFair/3/28.JPG
http://www.oldengine.org/members/sbarr/images/Shows/2004SandwichFair/3/29.JPG

They are a neat display, but you need corn stalks to run thru them.

Steve

--- paulmaples at sbcglobal.net wrote:
Hey Gang I acquired this Silage Chopper and need help in identifying it.
Take a look at these 11 pictures and let me know if anyone has any idea
who the maker is:

http://community.webshots.com/album/193008252ojcKpj?340

Thanks,

Paul