[SEL] Saw Outfit Blade finish/now linseed oil

Curt curt at imc-group.com
Fri Sep 24 07:20:32 PDT 2004

Kelley,
I have a really dumb question. What really is "boiled" linseed oil? Dad
always had what he called linseed oil around the house when we were
growing up. Until it was mentioned on the list several years ago I had
never heard of the boiled kind. Is this something I have to do at home
with the linseed oil or is it already boiled when I buy it?
Reason I ask is that Missy needs to put some on her NewWay and we really
don't quite know what to purchase.
You apply a mix of boiled linseed and oil correct? 50/50?
Thanks for being patient with my dumb question.
Curt Holland
Gastonia, NC
P.S. Great tip on browning compound. Had never heard of this either.