[SEL] Saw Outfit Blade finish

Kelley Garcia kgarcia at rustyiron.com
Thu Sep 23 21:31:10 PDT 2004

On 9/23/04 9:09 AM, "Richard Strobel" <Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com> wrote:

>   Any suggestions as what kind of finish to use on the circular saw blade?
> I believe it's ~30 inches in diameter.  I've got it blasted now.
>
>    Also thinking about using cold Gun-Bluing on the flywheel faces.  Whatcha
> all think?

Rob and I have used bluing with very good results.  To see what it looks
like, check out http://rustyiron.com/engines/stable/style-d.html
If you want to give that saw blade that aged rusty look, use browning.
After you have treated the metal with the bluing or browning, then give it a
light coat of boiled linseed oil or just regular ol' oil.
--
Kelley Garcia
La Habra, Ka.